Pages

Sunday Afternoons

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I think one of my favorite times of the week are Sunday afternoons. When we get home from church and after lunch. Bradley goes and plays with friends, and once Jacob is down for a nap, that is usually when Hans and I just lie back and catch a Marlins or Rays baseball game on TV, and just breathe and relax. Most of the time we catch a catnap while the kids are occupied or napping themselves.


There is just something about that time that is so peaceful - the space between the morning servce and the evening service. Maybe it is because it is the "end" of a long week, and we've been refreshed by the Holy Spirit at work in the morning service, that we know we can simply... rest.



Just an observation I have made - it's something we enjoy as a family. What is your favorite time of the week?



-Kim

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Friday nights! It's the beginning of the weekend, I know Nathan will be home with us for a couple of days, and I don't feel a need to be productive like I do on Saturdays. It's just a time to have fun!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS