Pages

Week Six: Weigh In! (and crazy Yoga stories...)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Here we are already, week six. Who would have thought we would have made it this far? Not me! This week was the first week we really "slacked off". We had family in town for Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend and I did not go to the gym for 5 days straight. Then, we tried to watch what we are for the most part, but there were some times where we had some splurges, like ribeye steak and potatoes for Valentine's Day. Believe it or not, I actually missed going to the gym! Not to mention when I finally went back today I thought spin class was going to be the death of me. Then, I was crazy enough after that torture class to go to YogaFit.


Now, for those of you not familiar with YogaFit - think yoga, but changing poses really frequently. You actually sweat. Your pulse goes higher. It's amazing for toning and stretching and balance, and you get a bit of cardio in there, too! 


Yesterday, my awesome instructor Danielle was introducing a few poses I have never tried in my life. I am so sore today! Good sore, but I cannot tell you how many times I fell over. My balance was terrible after not doing anything for a few days! Here are some of the crazy examples of the poses we did: 


Half-Moon (I had to use a block under my right hand - I fell so many times!)


Reverse Triangle. Ouch! It still amuses me in this photo how happy she is... 


Ah, Warrior Three. How you always make me wobble...

The funny part about all of this is: No matter how difficult the class, I always am PSYCHED to go to them! It gives me a sense of accomplishment to know that I not only went to the class, but I made it through alive! :)

Hans and I just assumed that we would either gain this week, or keep it level since we didn't really workout all that much and weren't as strict as usual with the "fat intake". 

However - see the results below!


*************
**********
*******
****
**
*
**
****
*******
**********
**************
**********
*******
****
**
*
Hans lost 1 more pound, putting him at losing approximately .535% of his weight, and is now up to losing 14.2 pounds TOTAL!

I lost .8 more pounds, putting me at losing approximately .571% of my weight, and am now up to losing 10.8 pounds TOTAL! I will call this one an even draw this week, since we are so close to each other's scores!

Who will win next week? Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yes - the pic of the woman smiling is pretty funny! Those are some crazy poses :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS