Pages

Week Four: Weigh In!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Here we are, one month into 2010, and Hans & I are still going strong! Both passing up opportunities to eat like we used to at work when there are the "bad" foods around, like donuts and pizza. Which is very hard to say the least! I caved in on Saturday morning though when a coworker brought homemade, cheesy, creamy hash brown casserole. I couldn't help myself. I had a scoop. It didn't kill me, but I know that it had to be not that great in retrospect for my "diet". Oh well, at least that day at lunch I passed up the Hungry Howie's sausage, pepperoni, & extra cheese pizza. *whew*!

This passed week Hans and I did a Spin Class together Wednesday night and it was so much fun! Have I ever said how proud of him I am? Doing this with him has made it 10x easier than if I were to do it alone. With each achievement he makes and each goal he reaches, I love him and am just amazed at his commitment to this and to making ourselves healthier and more fit for our family. I love my hubby! I also tried a Power Pump class yesterday for the first time. Oh. My. Gosh. I am so sore! My abs and thighs are feeling it today, but it is a "good" pain. Sore, but not excruciating. Power Pump is basically cardio, weights, bands, & a giant ball - and the trainer just rotates through various exercises with each element, or a combination of two. It is a TOTAL body workout. Upper, lower, mid, everything. It is intense, but I must be crazy, because I hope to go back, haha!

Anyway, back to what everyone is waiting for (LOL)... the weekly weigh in results!

************
*********
******
****
**
*
**
****
******
*********
************
*********
******
****
**
*

Hans weighed in and lost 2.2 more pounds, having him lose 1.17% of his body weight.

I weighed in and GAINED approximately .2 pounds, meaning I gained back 0.14% of my body weight.

------------------------

Yes, you read that correctly, I gained this week, but it was not much in the grand scheme of things. I am just going to chalk this one up to "I am gaining muscle" . There's no way that the hash brown casserole from Saturday could have done this, right?? :oP

So, HANS WINS THIS ROUND! We are tied, 2-2. Several weeks are left, who is going to win?

STAY TUNED!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking with this. I know I couldn't do it.

EL said...

Good Job!! I can't believe Hans did the spin class with you....I'm so jealous! I don't think I could convince Ryan to go!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS