Pages

My love of ......... breakfast

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yes, I am writing a post about how much I love breakfast. I have only realized this again in the past couple months or so. Let me explain...

You see, I never used to be a "breakfast" person. I could simply grab a cup of coffee and be perfectly fine until lunch. I just didn't crave or need a whole meal, I suppose. That is until I began working at Academic Financial Solutions as a consolidation loan processor back in 2004. 



Breakfast became kind of like a social gathering. All of us girls in the processing department would go down to the cafeteria together and get a breakfast sandwich, or some eggs with cheese, whatever floated your boat - every morning! It just sort of happened one day, then became a habit for all of us. We would get our food and then grab our coffee and go back to work. It gave us a little break first thing in the morning and was overall, a fun start to the day. 

Then, I began working at GEICO and you can't really "come and go" as you please like I was able to with the office job I had at AFS. So, because sleep is my second best friend (besides coffee), I would rather sleep more and not eat breakfast than to wake up early and eat, then go. Sad, I know. 

However, recently on my days off, I have become more and more obsessed with making a big breakfast! Whether it is just for me and Jake, or for all of us on a Sunday morning - breakfast has somewhat made it back into at least a small part of my routine! We (well, I) have also dubbed Saturday night "breakfast for dinner" night. Hans loves the sweets - pancakes and/or french toast - so this is a perfect way to have a treat at the end of the week. Hans laughs that I created this day especially for my obsession with love of breakfast. I just told him it adds to the kid's routine and gives them something to look forward to & remember when they grow up. Now, back to my affection for all things breakfast. This morning for example, on my impromptu day off - Jacob had a fried egg and turkey sausage with some orange juice. Let's just say I was a bit more hungry...

I made (for myself only, mind you): two scrambled eggs, two strips of bacon, a piece of toast (with 0 calorie spray butter if that helps...maybe...), a bowl of grits, a cup of orange juice, and a cup of coffee. And I ate. It. All. On a side note: Isn't it sad that I am the only one in my house that likes grits? These boys! Oh well, more for me...


So, are you a "breakfast person"? What is your favorite breakfast food?

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS