Day 5 - post a picture of your favorite memory
This was another tough one! I have many wonderful memories. I mean there is my wedding day, having Bradley, having Jacob... going through my photos, I came to this one. Everytime I see it, it just stops me in my tracks.

In this photo, Jacob was about 4 days old. Bradley was 8 years old. I can just see the amazement and the love in Brad's eyes for his little brother. He was and still is his brother's protector and best friend. Jake follows him around and waits for him to get home from school. They now have bunk beds and share a room. Many nights when I go to check in on them before I go to bed, I come in to find that Brad has climbed down from his top bunk and gotten into bed with Jake to sleep beside him. When Jake cries, Brad is there. When Jake wants to play, Brad is there to wrestle with him. They have a bond that is unspeakable even with their age difference.
When I announced to Brad that I was pregnant with his sibling, he told me that he knew it was a boy. I told him, "Now Bradley, there is a possibility that it will be a little sister, so if it is, I don't want you to be upset". He was positive it was a boy and he was getting a little brother.
Because he said he had been praying to God for a little brother.
He was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment