Today while I was out running errands, I was listening to a local radio station, called Spirit FM (90.5FM) which is based out of the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Their songs are wonderful, but there is one song in particular that caught my attention today. It is called "The Motions", and is sung by Matthew West. It gripped me during my drive, and when I came home and I searched online and found that there is a video as well. It had me in tears. It made me realize that I do have problems that I face in my everyday Christian walk of life, and I (like most humans) do tend to "put God in a box" and think to myself "this is petty, I can handle this, I can do this on my own" and not ask for even the little things from my Lord. Today, this day, I am committing to trusting HIM and not just going through "the motions" and thinking that I can handle life on my own. I can't. No way. If he is not 110% in it ... my life will never be what God intended it to be.
I really felt compelled to share this video and song with everyone today. Feel free to comment and add your thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that song. Such a good message. It was fun to see the video that went along with it. I've never dwelled on the words until today though. Thanks for posting that.
Post a Comment