So sorry that I have been MIA ladies & gentlemen - but I have been called for duty for a much more tedious, time consuming task!
My boys are sick. :(
It all began on Tuesday afternoon. Jakey's nose started running, and that is not usually a good thing. Then later that evening, the coughing began. Uh, oh. Next came the lovely 101.5 fever on Wednesday morning - and then when I got Bradley up for school, he started to cough! Nooooooooooooo! Bradley was a just a touch warm and he said he wanted to go to school and he didn't seem too bad, so I let him go. Meanwhile, Jakey was a mess all. day. long.
He cuddled and wanted to be held all day. He took an almost three hour nap. His fever finally went down but his nose was pouring like a faucet. His cough was just miserable - all congested - my poor lil' guy! At this age there is really nothing you can give them other than Motrin or Tylenol to help with the fever, so he has to just deal the best he can with the cough and the nasal funkiness.
Bradley came home at 2:45pm after school and immediately said he wasn't feeling well and wanted to lie down. Now moms, you know when your (almost) 10-year-old says that he wants to lie down mid-day, something isn't right. He felt warm but when I took his temp it was normal. I gave him some lunch, then later some dinner, and he just stayed in bed all day watching TV. When he woke up this morning, his temp was 100.1, his cough had become more fluent, and he was congested. Then, Jake was getting warm again to boot. Off to the doctors we go!
Of course, after a call-out-of work for me, two co-payments for the doctor's office, a 102.2 temp on Jake, a strep swab for Brad (Oh my goodness, he freaked...), and an hour later of time for all of us... we find out "It's just a virus" and "It will run it's course". *sigh* Does anyone else realllllly hate it when the doctor's tell you this? I wish there was just some magical medicine for these so called "viruses" that I can just give to my babies and make them feel better. But nope. So far there is not...
So today, after all of that... Jake is on his second nap and Brad is still laying down in his room, watching a movie I rented for him at Redbox. Hopefully this yucky virus leaves the Reller home soon - without coming to Hans & myself first! - that way we can have our happy (healthy!) boys back... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does not sound like fun! I'm sorry :(
Post a Comment