One thing that has been a challenge for me on this new leaf that my husband & I have been turning over with "eating healthy" is that if I want to have breakfast in the mornings that I work, I can no longer either 1) go down to my work cafeteria and get whatever fried/high fat items that they have that morning or 2) go to McD's.
Fast food is my weakness! I think I am the only person in the world who actually really likes the food at McDonalds, with all it's unhealthy greasiness. Their fries are awesome. Anyway, back on track, here. My point: eating healthy and being on a diet isn't always that convenient. So, I have had to improvise.
I was going to purchase some breakfast sandwiches from the store that were pre-made so I could put them in the microwave at work, but OMGoodness they were so high in fat and calories! So, that was not an option. Then I thought to myself, self, you can make those yummy sandwiches yourself - in bulk - on your day off and then freeze them just like good ol' Jimmy Dean did, and make them low fat.
*GASP*
And that is exactly what I did:
English muffin with 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
Add 1/4C cooked Egg Beaters and one slice of bacon, halved
Put them both together...
...then wrap, and freeze!
I've already tested this out and if you take one and put it in the fridge the night before, it will be thawed by morning. Grab it, put it in your purse, reheat for one minute in the microwave and you are good to go!
McD's verson has got nothing on this - for a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese biscuit at McD's it is 420 calories and 23 grams of fat.
My version has 215 calories and 8 grams of fat. Not too bad, that is 205 less calories and 15 less grams of fat!
(Not to mention 5 WW pts versus 10 WW pts - that is half!)
WOOHOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment