Pages

Week One: Weigh In!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Well, today concludes the first week of my quest to become a better, healthier, skinnier version of myself. My husband and I are both doing this together, and we have dubbed Tuesday morning as "weigh in" day. We're basically calling this our Biggest Loser challenge for one another.

Each week, we will eat as healthy as possible and will work out as much as we can (with two full-time jobs and two kids, of course). We even did a "last chance" workout together last night since our big weigh in was today.

Personally, I am trying to aim for 5 days a week working out. Sick, I know, but I recently joined Gold's Gym in South Lakeland and my gosh, I think I am becoming a workout junkie! All of those hours I used to put into cooking tremendous amounts of cakes/cookies/dinners when I was stressed or had a bad day at work, I have redirected to going to the gym. And I love it. I told you I was crazy! I even found out the other day that if I go on the treadmill with my iPod filled with some really good music, I can sorta "zone out" and jog over 2 miles in just over 30 minutes! And I didn't die! :)

We have also been eating really healthy for a change. For example, at breakfast I will either have a bowl of Special K w/ 1% milk and a cup of coffee, or I will whip up some eggwhites and a slice or two of bacon and an english muffin.

Anyway, back to our challenge. Biggest Loser. Each Tuesday Hans and I will weigh in and who ever loses the biggest percentage of weight, wins for that week. Wins what? Bragging rights really, it's just friendly competition, haha (surrreeeeee). I want to lose a total of 25 pounds and Hans wants to lose a total of 30. So, this morning we each individually weighed in.

****drum roll please****

*********

********

*******

********

*********

Hans weighed in and had lost 4 pounds, which puts him at losing 2%!

I weighed in and had lost 5.2 pounds (YESSS!), which puts me at losing 3.46%!

**********************************************************

I am so excited! Now, I only have 19.8 more pounds to hit "goal", and Hans only has 26. We are on our way!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS