Pages

Week Two: Weigh In!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On previous "diets" that Hans and I have tried to do, we have stuck to it for about a week then fallen into our old habits out of lack of motivation and honestly, the cost of eating healthy! I think my husband said it best when we were discussing eating healthy and being overweight. In comparison of foods that can be chosen: You can feed a family of four (4) double cheese burgers from McDonald's for $4, or you can feed only yourself a healthy meal from the grocery store for the same amount. No wonder a lot of Americans are overweight, especially right now with the "recession" - fast food and unhealthy food is so CHEAP! I was happy to see that Dunkin' Donuts is at least trying by offering an egg white & cheese on an english muffin. Now, if only ALL fast food restaurants would jump on the bandwagon and offer a HEALTHY option for an inexpensive cost. And not only offer it, but for goodness sake advertise it! McDonald's, Burger King, and the sort all have a "dollar menu", but everything on it is fattening, greasy, and terrible for you. Would it really kill them to put one thing on there like Dunkin' Donuts did? Granted, I am sure the egg white thing from DD is still more fattening than what you can make at home, but it is a foot in the right direction!

Anyway, off my soapbox (HAHA!) - the weigh in results!!

This week, I am going to just get right to it. My husband kicked my butt!

************
*********
******
****
**
*
**
****
******
*********
************
*********
******
****
**
*

Hans weighed in and lost 2.2 more pounds, having him lose 1.12% of his body weight.

I weighed in and lost (*gulp*) 0.8 more pounds, meaning I lost 0.55% of my weight.

-----------------------

Hey, a loss is a loss and I am still excited! I know why I only lost that much though, and I know that this coming week is going to be much better. The competition is still on and heated, so stay tuned for next weeks results!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS